Online Platforms and Popular Technologies 2020
Legal and Regulatory Responses to Technology Challenges
In Octobre 2020, I participated to this online event organised by the Practicing Law Institute PLI. I participated, along with EU and US experts, on the first panel on E.U. Developments in Platform Regulation.
I focused on Chapitre V, Lawful data transfer and the Schrems-II European Court of Justice decision in July 2020.
During the day, various speakers develop other aspects of online platforms:
- Learn about the geopolitical and industry rivalries and debates about platforms and popular technologies
- Hear about the implications of Brexit for platform regulations
- Understand how the pandemic has affected, and will profoundly affect, issues relating to privacy, surveillance, AI and algorithms, and other topics
- Gain insight into the politicization of social media platforms and communication technologies
- Find connections among seemingly disparate topics of hate speech, copyright, and “fake news” through the lens of “content moderation”
- Benefit from perspectives of seasoned in-house counsel, advisors, and litigators